In this workshop, participants will build and configure a slot machine game in Unity. Activities will cover getting started in the Unity Editor, designing the background of the game, animating elements to add visual interest, configuring the UI elements of the game, building the slot game functionality, and finally, hot swapping game elements to reduce game development time. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a hands-on understanding of how Unity can be used to create slot machine games, how to quickly and creatively reconfigure games, and how to decrease overall game development time.
Unity Training Workshops
The only Unity authorized in-person training
Slot Machine Art and Engineering in Unity
● Introduction: Workshop overview and Learning Action Plan
● Activity 1 – Identify Unity Editor elements to efficiently navigate the Editor
● Activity 2 – Configure basic scene elements to create the game background
● Activity 3 – Implement multiple types of in-editor animations to add visual interest to the
● Activity 4 – Develop an interactive UI system to create intuitive user interactions
● Activity 5 – Build the interactive Reel Set Array to create the slot game
● Activity 6 – Reconfigure the Reel Set Array using live hot swapping to decrease development time
What to Bring
● Each participant will need to bring a laptop (Windows or OSX), power supply (including
any necessary international adapters), and mouse.
● Install Unity 2017.4 prior to the workshop.